Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summertime shopping - Cool ideas!

Summer is officiallly here: flowers, patios, great food, friends and....that's right-shopping! If you're like me, I spend my money on things that make me happy. And there is a whole lotta happy over at http://www.etsy.com/, where you can find a mind boggling assortment of handmade products -everything from food products, clothing, and jewelry to furniture and objects d'art.

(Ok, I'll admit it...I have been known to spend hours at a time perusing amazing sellers). Etsy is a kind of cyber warehouse for wonderful artists to sell their creations, using a standardized and user-friendly format. A great example of this is my Etsy shop to the right of this blog post-clicking on any of the items shown there will take you right to my etsy shop where you can purchase the items you like; or, by scrolling a little further down this page, you can see examples of other etsy sellers that are some of my favorites, and clicking on those images will take you to their shop. Fun huh?

One of the other fun features is what is known as an etsy treasury: members choose 12 of their fav items (from their fav sellers) and compile them onto one page-to kind of showcase other peoples work. It is a great compliment to be chosen for a treasury, and it makes you feel great, like people really appreciate your pieces.

I have been lucky enough to have been chosen for another treasury, by seller http://moyou.etsy.com/, click on her link to check out her amazing shop, check out her treasury below, and say hi to my "woolly mice"!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online