Monday, February 25, 2008

Julia Collection-the story continues...

Here is the second piece for the Julia collection, I really love this piece! When it is on, the butterfly looks like it is suspended within the copper frame, and when the light hits it...ooh la la!
If you don't already know, each collection has a woman's name, and each woman has a story. (Like we all do, in life). There is a paragraph from each story released every time a new piece in the collection appears-so you'll have to keep checking in to read the stories! I have included the "butterfly" paragraph here, but for the others go to my Etsy shop (the link is on the right), and check out the "description/write-up" for each of the pieces. Have fun!

Julia held up her long brown hair in a ponytail, away from her face. “Maybe I should do something with my hair, maybe I should cut it short”. She let it fall. “What do you think, Harry?” Harry, who had been gazing at her, cocked his head and and placed a paw over his nose. “Hmmm, maybe you’re right, maybe I should leave it for now. Harry barked, relieved. “It’s just that it’s spring-wouldn’t it be nice to change things up for spring? No? How ‘bout a walk then?” Harry ‘s toenails clattered across the floor as he took off to get his leash. She put on her favorite necklace-a beautiful suspended copper butterfly that she bought on Etsy, and turned back and forth in the mirror, admiring the way the light refracted from it. Pulling her hair into a ponytail and securing it, she frowned. “I wouldn’t look that bad in short hair , would I?”

This copper creation measures 1 5/8” across by 1 1/2” tall, and features a suspended butterfly, complete with rhinestones. The butterfly has been lightly patterned, then fire treated to get the interesting colors on it’s wings. The wings have been punched for added detail. The copper frame is supported by a black leather cording measuring 16” long.



3 comments:

Bridget said...

this necklace is Stunning

Vanessa "Paper Chick" said...

Thanks for posting on my blog...and all I have to say is that your work is amazing...I LOVE the dragonfly pendant...simply gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful and I love your Etsy shop.

hatcreekcreations.etsy.com

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online